Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lease vs. Month-to-Month rental agreement (continued)

If you are going to rent an apartment with a lease, be sure that you can live there for the amount of time that the lease, requires. If you break a lease before the renewal date you can be sued in court for breach of contract.
All rental agreements, written or verbal, are binding once entered by a tenant and landlord: There is no grace period to withdraw. If you agree to rent an apartment and change your mind, the landlord can hold you liable for his/her losses, which can include losing security deposit you put down. Before you enter a rental agreement is sure you are committed to it for the time agreed upon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Whippets Rock! said...

It does matter that you protect your rights and get your lease in writing. The whole lease. More information regarding rental laws and what to do when something goes wrong at
http://www.efarpro.com

Kieran Bentley said...

good sensible article that not enough people are aware of, thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I think a month to month lease will cost more because most landlords take twice the security deposit. For more info on rentals visit http://www.rentalsinlongisland.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this continuation of great information. I was able to further my knowledge on rental agreements. I am unfortunately unable to purchase a house right now, forcing me to search further in the rental sector. Arizona should be a great place to start my endeavors in arizona property management . I can't wait to find my perfect desert get away. Thank you for this great post! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

I think a month to month would be much better for many people because jobs can change really quickly and you can't be tied down to an apartment. but there are some good apartments for rent in Toronto